Hybrex G1E – GDS System
The technical name for this Hybrex model is G1E Plus M (G1E+M) but it is better described as the G1E-GDS. Being based on the G1E Plus hardware platform it forms a natural upgrade path for G1E Plus owners but because of its considerable inherent advantages it is often a system choice made at the outset. The inclusion of the G1E-MPU Master Processor Unit transforms the program feature set of the base G1E Plus into that of the Hybrex flagship range – the GDS. This additional power base also enables system hardware expansion options such as multicabinet arrays, SIP extension support, and additional SIP trunk channel capacity per cabinet. The extra support for our IP hardware options also results in a substantial increase in maximum port capacities per cabinet.
A marked point of note is that the MPU inclusion also brings an Ethernet LAN port providing support for Web based system programming and CTI, transforming the humble G1E Plus base platform into a fully Internet, or Intranet, connected system by rounding out the IP options to make this a truly versatile business telephony asset.
There are two options for the incuded G1E-MPU Master Processor Unit : either the G1E-MPU1 which provides the abovementioned feature additions but for single cabinet configuration only; or the G1E-MPU4 which has the same feature additions but supports a multicabinet array of up to 4 cabinets.
As mentioned the G1E-MPU inclusion adds support for additional SIP trunk channels and SIP extensions. In terms of hardware support the result of this IP module support is a real increase in maximum port capacity per cabinet. A “port” in this sense means a voice communications channel. Whereas a G1E Plus has a maximum capacity of 40 ports, the G1E-GDS can currently be optioned up to a maximum of 58 ports per cabinet. A soon to be released development is support for an additional PSTN trunk module increasing the PSTN per cabinet capacity to 8 trunks in addition to optional VoIP trunks.
A broad description for the G1E-GDS would not be complete without mention of some of the more salient additional options the GDS feature set engenders over and above the G1E Plus :
- Programming : In general the GDS program feature set allows more granular control of all telephone and call handling features.
- Trunks : For ISDN or SIP trunks the Indial feature set is complete with full control of call routing incoming and CLIR/CLIP outgoing.
- LCR : Outgoing call costs have better control options with expanded LCR features.
- IP Extensions : For extension phones the addition of IP extension functionality produces a quantum leap in extension options. True system extension phones – like the Hybrex IP38-61 – can now be located remotely to the main system so support for teleworkers for example is easy. IP extension phone types that can be used include most of todays SIP phones or adapters; SIP video phones are supported if on the same LAN as the system. The functionality also extends even to todays smartphones – which, with a “data” component in the mobile plan and a SIP client application installed, mean that an office extension phone can now be carried around in your pocket.
- Twinning : A more “normal” office extension phone can be “Twinned” with your mobile, meaning calls to your office phone will also ring your mobile so you are never out of touch.
- Hospitality : For Hositality or Accomodation businesses GDS has built in features such as Hotel Call Accounting, Room Status indications, and with the Voicemail option installed allow Hotel Voicemail and Emergency Service features and much more. If required the GDS can be integrated with your Property Management System via its Fidelio certified PMS CTI link.
- Voicemail : Voicemail option features are more advanced with multi-level menus and more for better control. There is also a soon to be released Advanced Messaging System (AMS) module which is a fully optioned Unified Communications system that will leave nothing to be desired.
- LAN Port : As mentioned the GDS with its LAN port is an Internet connectable device. The advantages of this from a service and support standpoint are that full remote support is now an option. However there is a more significant benefit to business in terms of the versatility now granted for CTI and user control. The CTI integration is TAPI based meaning the options are there for integrating your phone system with your business CRM programs – anything from simple “Click to Dial” from Outlook, GoldMine, Act, to more extensive applications such as CyTrack. The G1E-Plus is capable of this as well in a simpler way – the GDS form is complete and LAN based so is much more versatile.
- One Office : For geographically distributed business locations GDS has an integrated programming feature called “One Office”. This is essentially a combination of SIP trunks and programming that allows users to dial desk to desk between sites in a seamless way eliminating any barriers of complexity in call placement across your multi-site network.
- ACP Phones : For site security and other uses GDS now supports multiple ACP phones and sophisticated call routing for these phones allowing time of day redirection. Some examples of usage would be remote after hours monitor services, or an entry phone could be configured to ring your mobile for example. There is also Hybrex monitoring and logging software available to support these ACP phones.
- The list does go on …
G1E-GDS (G1E+M) Base Configuration:
The G1E Plus base hardware configuration supports :
- Choice of trunk configuration on order – either :
- 4 PSTN lines (with Caller ID suppport integrated) – or
- 3 ISDN BRI ports (6 lines) – or
- 4 SIP (VoIP) Lines.
- 8 Digital Keyphone ports, plus 4 Analogue phone ports.
- Analogue phone ports support :
- Caller ID to extension phones.
- Standard 90V Message Wait signal.
Standard and Special Features integrated onboard include :
- 4 port Auto Attendant (AA) with 2 minute MOH,
and 2 minute AA recording memory.
- 2 minute MOH message is User Recordable for built in advertising.
- External MOH and/or BGM inputs via analogue port.
- Caller ID (where available) right throughout system.
- Integrated Ring Generator for analogue ports.
- Sensor in and Relay out for various programmable uses.
- RS232 interface for CTI and other uses.
- Ethernet LAN interface for Web based programming, CTI, and other uses.
G1E-GDS (G1E+M) Expansion Options:
In-Cabinet Expansion Options include :
- Additional Trunk module: either :
- PSTN – 4 lines.
- ISDN – 3xBRI (6 lines)
- SIP – 4, 8, or 16 lines avail.
NB: Only 1 SIP module can be fitted per cab.
- NB: soon for release capacity of 2 x PSTN4 + 1 x SIP.
- Additional 2 extension modules can be fitted per cab.
These comprise either:
- Digital Station module – 8 port.
- Analogue Station module – 8 port.
- IP (SIP) extension module – 4, 8, or 16 ext.
NB: Only 1 IP extension module can be fitted per cab.
- Voice Mail (Std) : when fitted supports 4 channels of voicemail with up to 8 hours voice recording time, and extends AA capacity to 6 channels.
NB: Soon for release the G1E-AMS Advanced Messaging System – a fully featured Unified Communications platform – contact Hybrex, or your Hybrex dealer, for details.
- Additional Trunk module: either :
- Multi-Cabinet Expansion – to 4 cab. max
IF G1E-MPU4 is fitted.
G1E Plus Key System Features:
The following is the program feature set of the G1E Plus:
- Account Code Capability
- Access Control Phone (ACP) *
- ACP Translation Table for ToD ACP call routing
- Answering Machine Emulation *
- Automatic Answer – Intercom
- Auto Attendant with Overflow
- Busy Lamp Field
- Calendar and Real Time Clock
- Call Accounting
- Call Blocking
- Call Pickup
- Call Forward – Busy/No Answer/All Calls
- Call Transfer
- Camp On
- CLI on Both External & Internal Calls
- CTI Integration – TAPI *
- Day and Night Service
- DUET Ring – Fax Discriminate.
- DND (Do Not Disturb)
- DISA (Direct Inward System Access)
- Distinctive Ringing
- Forced Account Code Assignment
- Group Listening
- Hospitality Call Accounting *
- Hospitality Emergency Safety Features *
- Hotel Voice Mail System *
- Hotel Room Status *
- LCR (Least Cost Routing)
- Last Number Redial
- Macro Keys
- Music On Hold – Recordable
- On-Call Programming
- One Office multi-site networking *
- Paging – Internal & Meet Me
- Paging External *
- PMS CTI – Fidelio Certified
- Privacy Release
- Programmable Keys
- Remote Programming and support via Internet
- Remote Software Upgrade via Internet
- Power Supply with Charger (for Battery Backup)
- Station Group
- SLT Station Caller ID Service
- SLT Industry Standard 90V Message signal
- SMDR (Station Message Detail Record)
- SMDR – Real Time Protocol for call limitation
- Speed Dial – System (900 sets max)
- Speed Dial – Station (20 sets max)
- Trunk Group
- Toll Restriction
- User Station Status control via Web Interface
- Virtual Mail Box *
- Voice Mail *
- VoIP Call – Point to Point
- VoIP Call – DID Calls (desk to desk)
* = Optional equipment and cost will be required for this feature